Tuesday, January 14, 2014

As all my special teachers know, its a very important, but tedious task to keep all involved in a child's education aware of accommodations and modifications that have been developed and recorded in a student's IEP.  Great care must be taken, though, to be successful at this task, because those accommodations and modifications are so important, and help even the playing field for a child with a disability. 

I developed a tool for myself, and distributed to everyone in my building along with my students, accommodations and modification page from their IEP to help myself (and other teachers) be aware of those accommodations and modifications at all time.  I just called it "Modifications and Accommodations at a glance"  I divided my student by grade level, naturally, and checked their accommodations and modifications off on a single page per grade level.  Of course the IEP is my ultimate go to, however this quick reference helped as a reminder of all the important information. 

Check it out below!

 

 

 

 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/MODIFICATION-AND-ACCOMODATION-QUICK-REFERENCE-849842


No comments:

Post a Comment